- The isiXhosa language is one of the 11 official languages of our country.
- The children learn this as their third language.
- The purpose is firstly for the children to learn the basics ad to be able to communicate with the isiXhosa students, as well as with other friends whose language it may be.
- We learn basic vocabulary including colours, animals and nouns. We learn simple sentences in order to greet and have a short conversation. We also learn how to put sentences into the negative.
- Some of our students have isiXhosa as their first language but they get taught in English. The children are able to practice with one another in their third language.