As a school, reaching out to our Community, and being generous with what we have, is very important to us. Every Grade has an “Outreach” activity that the whole school gets involved in. Each year they vary, but below are some details and photo’s of our more recent activities:
- “Easter Outreach“ happens annually where the Grade 1’s take a fluffy toy and an Easter egg to one of our local Masiphumelele creches.
- “The Carguard Outreach“ where the Grade 3’s take sandwiches and personal goodies to our local carguards.
- “Silver for Babies“ where the school collects silver to help to clothe some of the babies born to parents who can’t afford clothes to leave the hospital in.
- “Bread Tags” where we all collect tags to give towards buying a new wheelchair for someone who needs it.
- “Rhino Project“ where we made movies, PowerPoints and had Colouring-In Competitions to raise money to help save the rhino’s.
- “Tins for TEARS“ where we collect tins of food to donate to our local animal rescue shelter.
- “Adopt-A-Donkey“ where the Computer Club motivated the School, as part of their project to raise funds to adopt a donkey for a year.
- “eMzantsi“ where a group of children join a partner school in our community and build friendships by working together towards the annual carnival. Watch clip here!